Herbivore Botanicals and Tata Harper were the two brands that I started my natural beauty transition with. After reading some articles online and doing research about certain nasty, synthetic ingredients that can be found in conventional skincare and beauty, I decided to make the switch. I haven’t looked back ever since! Here are our thoughts some products that me and my love have finished up recently.
- Purifying Cleanser: (Review originally from “TRAVEL ESSENTIALS“) This is my favorite Tata Harper cleanser. This cleanser has a beautiful light, gel consistency that emulsifies to a milky consistency with water. I apply it as Tata recommends: to dry skin then add water. After removing the cleanser with a warm, damp cloth, my skin feels very cool / tingly and firm. I have also used this cleanser with a FOREO Luna 2 cleansing device and the Clarisonic Mia 2 cleansing brush. Both devices work wonderfully with this product. This is the first natural cleanser that I have used until the last pump without passing it on. Whether you are just transitioning over to green beauty or a seasoned user, I wholeheartedly recommend this cleanser. 4.1 fl oz $66
- Repurchase? Not yet. We have a Mun Akwi Purifying cleanser to get through before we decide if we will purchase again.
- Restorative Eye Creme: This is a rich, creamy eye creme that has a scent similar to most of Tata’s products (floral). This is an effective eye creme that I can feel working immediately. There is a light sensation of relaxation in my facial muscles. I can’t tell that much of a difference between using this and the other anti-aging oils/balms, etc. that I use in the orbital region. Thankfully, I do not have many fine lines (yet!) so most of what I am trying to accomplish is preventative. I can definitely see a difference between the bags under my eyes when I use this product in combination with my facial oils and other treatment balms, oils, etc. For the price, there may be products that are just as effective with a better value. However, I have not tried many eye treatments yet. I do know that I love the cream texture around my eyes compared to an oil based treatment. .5fl oz $95
- Repurchase? I still have 3/4 of a bottle to get through.
- Regenerating Cleanser: This cleanser has a soft, creamy texture with gentle exfoliants and a rich orange scent. I had already repurchased the largest size bottle during a sale before finishing this bottle. Tata Harper suggests that you use this in the morning before makeup for a more seamless application. This is a really good cleanser for daily exfoliation. I alternate between using this in the morning and in the evening. My skin is smooth and clear when using this product regularly. The exfoliation is moderate for my skin type but can be too abrasive if I use more than once a day. The pump is useless as the product just dries in the top and I have to physically remove the clogged pump with every use. I wish I would have gotten the tube instead. 4.1 fl oz $78
- Repurchase? I still have 3/4 a bottle to get through. May repurchase the tube eventually but not the pump bottle.
- Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask: I LOVE this mask. This is the first mask that I have completely finished before the expiration date. It has the beautiful blue tansy scent and color. After application, I can feel this mask working for my skin immediately with a tingling sensation. The fruit enzymes and white willow bark gently exfoliate the skin while the blue tansy oil and aloe nourish the skin by relieving inflammation. I gently remove the mask with a warm wash cloth or in the shower. My skin is visibly more even in tone and clear with regular use. I also feel that it is really effective in removing dead skin cells and unclogging/shrinking my pores that allows for better skincare absorption and makeup application. 2.3 oz $48
- Repurchase? Yes! Currently on my wish list.
- Lapis Facial Oil: This facial oil is a favorite in our home. The scent is intoxicating of blue tansy with a hint of jasmine. The blue tansy is a powerful anti-inflammatory while the squalane keeps the skin hydrated and protected. As soon as I started to use this oil, my skin looked dramatically better. My skin is hydrated, clear and even in tone when using this product regularly. I find that it absorbs well if applied over a spritz and mixes beautifully with other serums (Love it mixed with Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum). My fiancé will not use any other facial moisturizer or oil product. 1.7 oz $72
- Repurchase? Just opened a new bottle. We will continue to purchase this product.
- Beard Tonic / Palo Santo: This beard tonic has one of the most captivating scents. My fiancé LOVES this beard tonic. He says that since he has started to us it, his beard appears to be more hydrated, lush and full. He also loves that it protects and hydrates the skin beneath his beard. 1 oz $20
- Repurchase? My <3 just opened a new bottle. We will continue to purchase this product.
- Whitening Toothpaste: This is a really great natural option for toothpaste. I like it much better than other “natural/eco” drugstore brands as it is cleaner in terms of ingredients and keeps my teeth healthy. It does have an interesting mint taste due to the activated charcoal. It does separate in the tube but it doesn’t bother me too much. 4.2 oz $9
- Repurchase? Santa brought us 3 tubes 🙂
Disclaimer: I am not a trained or licensed esthetician nor a skincare specialist. All thoughts and expressions are based upon my own personal experiences and opinions. Unless otherwise stated, all products have been purchased with my own money.